3ú M. Fómhair, 2018
I am delighted to welcome you and your children back after the summer holidays. I can’t believe how tall the children have grown – it must have been all the lovely warm sunshine. I wish to extend a special welcome to our 90 new Junior Infants and their parents whom we will accompany on their educational journey. I would also like to welcome the children who have joined us from other schools and you their parents – you have joined a very special school community where we place a strong emphasis on fostering a warm, welcoming and respectful atmosphere in which every child is enabled to reach his/her potential.
Aongus O’ Briain, Innessa Ní Fhearáin and Órla Ní Ghiollagáin have joined the teaching staff of St. Mary’s NS and Máirín Doyle has returned to the staff following a Career Break. I look forward to working with them and I’m sure they’ll be very happy here in St. Mary’s. We are very fortunate to have a committed staff with such a high level of expertise and skill sets which they use to ensure we achieve the highest level of teaching and learning here in St. Mary’s.
We are delighted to welcome our new caretaker Paddy Burke to the staff of St. Mary’s. Paddy has been beavering away for the past few weeks ensuring the grounds and buildings of Belmont Ave and Milltown Park were ready for the staff and pupils on their return to school.
The Board of Management ratified the Administration of Medicines and Emergency Care Policy at the end of the last school year and it is published on the school website. I would ask you to read this policy carefully. I would ask you to read in particular the sections under the title ‘Procedures’ as there are changes in practices relating to children with medical conditions attending the school.
The form for Personal Accident Insurance for School Pupils is available to download on the school website. Please complete and return to your child’s class teacher before 7 September.
It is very important that you complete and submit the Emergency Information Form as soon as possible to ensure that we have your most up to date contact details in the unlikely event we need to contact you during the school day.
Extra-curricular activities will be resuming in the near future and you will receive information about all the activities over the next few days.
Please see below a few reminders which will ensure a smooth and speedy transition for all our families at this busy time.
- The building in Milltown Park opens at 8:50 am. I would appreciate if you could ensure that your child lines up in the yard before the doors of the school are opened to ensure that teaching and learning can begin promptly at 8:50 am.
- The building in Belmont Ave opens at 9:00 am. Again, it is very important children arrive on time for school.
- The children should wear their school uniforms except on designated PE days. Children are permitted to wear dark shoes or runners (no white soles/ white stripes).
- Please ensure that all clothes and belongings are labelled with your child’s name.
- We ask that you are mindful of blocking resident’s driveways when parking near the school in Belmont.
- Children are not permitted to cycle or scoot in the school yards.
- We ask that parents/guardians do not remain on the school premises between 1:40 and 2:40 pm
- The Milk Scheme will not be in operation this year due to the limited uptake of same in the past number of years.